[il-talk] Ground Transportation in Detroit

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri May 29 13:12:36 UTC 2009

There was a note here the other night wondering about the prices quoted for ground transportation in Detroit.  Particularly, someone wondered if the cabs in detroit
charged differently inasmuch as the implication was that there was a $50 per person each way charge when discussing transportation from the airport.  I was able to
check with Fred and it was not his intention to imply that a full taxi fare would be charged for each person taking a taxi as part of a group.  Some cities do permit
charging something extra per passenger and he didn't know if that was the case here, but he did not mean that each person in a group would be charged the full cab
fare.

My family of four has always found that sharing a cab is cheaper than paying for four fares on a van, so I wondered about this myself and checked for that reason.
However, since I saw the question raised here I thought I would relay what I had learned.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson