[il-talk] The ABLE Group Goes National!

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 19:15:55 UTC 2009

A year ago, we formed the ABLE (Access to Braille Literacy for Everyone) Group within the Blackhawk Chapter, meeting once a week to read a common Braille book aloud.  Group members then read in the book on their own during the week.

The exciting news is we've formed a team from within the ABLE Group, and we have entered the new Braille Readers Are Leaders adult contest.  Team members are Lois Montgomery, Jana Hergert, Bob Gardner, and -- our fourth member, our surprise celebrity member is Jean Rauschenbach!

Yes, out of the frozen wastelands of Minnesota, driving her dog team toward fame and fortune, comes Jean Rauschenbach to join the ABLE effort!

Stay tuned for further adventures of the ABLE Group in the contest.  Our goal is to collectively read 2500 pages of Braille in the two months of the contest.