[il-talk] FW: [Chapter-presidents] Your chapter can make a difference!

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 19 16:29:43 UTC 2010

  _____

From: chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Ewell, Jason
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:33 AM
To: Chapter-Presidents at NFBNet.org
Cc: Lamkin, Seth
Subject: [Chapter-presidents] Your chapter can make a difference!

The following announcement comes from Seth Lamkin.

========================

Attention NFB Chapter Presidents: Get the Word Out and Vote!

We are half way through the third week of voting for the 2011 NFB Youth
Slam, and we are making great progress! We have climbed ten spots since last
Friday alone (we were ranked 20 this morning). We need to step up our pace
between now and the end of the month. Remember that only the top two ideas
win the $250,000. The NFB still needs each and every chapter president to
push their members to vote, as well as get their family, friends, coworkers,
church members, social clubs, and strangers on the street to vote daily.
Facebook posts, Tweets, Blog posts, and e-mail blasts are great ways to get
the word out and also to remind supporters to vote. Also, chapter meetings
are a good time to set aside a moment or two to log in everyone's vote and
to help anyone who may have difficulty. Remember there are three ways to
vote:

Text Message: Simply put the number 101913 into the body of a text, and send
that text to 73774. That's all you have to do each day to vote via text.
*Standard text-messaging rates apply

Go to www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam, click the link to vote, and
then choose the log in using Facebook option. Once you're successfully
logged in, click the vote button on our page again and the vote link will
disappear and you'll have logged your vote!

Go to www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam, click the link to vote, and
then choose the sign in directly with Pepsi option. This option is the least
desirable option, but with practice still can be done in less than a minute
each day. An audio CAPTCHA is necessary for completing this option, but only
this option requires the CAPTCHA. If you do not wish to solve a CAPTCHA (and
do not have the ability to text), please use the Facebook option, even if
you simply create a Facebook account to vote for this month and deactivate
it once we have won.

There are detailed instructions for users who choose to vote using the
online method and who will use screen reading software on our Web site at
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=636. Also, daily e-mail
reminders are available for sign up at www.nfb.org. This is such a momentous
opportunity to secure funds for one of our signature NFB programs, and we
cannot let this chance pass us by. We need each and every one of you to push
the need to vote to your members and in your communities. Thank you for all
of your efforts and for the work you do for the NFB throughout the year.

Seth Lamkin

Grant Program Officer

Jernigan Institute

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND