[il-talk] Draft Board Meeting Agenda

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Sun Aug 22 19:26:41 UTC 2010

DRAFT 1 AGENDA for 8/28 board meeting

Let me know if you have additional agenda items please.  If you are assigned
a topic and can't attend in person or by phone, please send a written report
to me ahead of time so that it can be distributed.  Thanks for all you do.

        Abraham Lincoln Hotel and Conference Center

                                        Springfield IL

Face to face board meeting or bia teleconference at 218 936 1200 code 6324.

Time:  8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. with a working lunch.

If you wish to have the boxed lunch for $16 let Denise Avant know at least
72 hours ahead of time.

AGENDA

Secretary's report minutes

Minutes of 5/26 e-mailed 6/4.

Treasurer's official 2nd quarter report.

Advocacy Report - e-mailed 6/6/10.

Presidential Report

        Combined superintendent for ISVI and ISD.

        (PG sent our position out on 6/19/10.)

Development/Grants -  Cathy

Update on who has given names  All Board members?

        Scholarship winners will be next.

Webpage - Patti

Parents seminar - Debbie Stein

        Formal report approval.  E-mailed on 8/20/10

State legislation committee report Bill

Update on last meeting.  Update on Braille and

Custody bills.

Sales Committee - Mary Lou G.

        Items to review.

        Bags

        Mugs

Transportation -

web access issues Denise and Steve H.

general committee report Jemal

State Convention  - Chris J. Denise and Patti

        2010 Hotel update

2010 agenda (Outline sent via e-mail 5/22/10. update sent 8/13/10.)

2010 tribute

        2010 Bulletin Registration Info desk etc.

        2010 Sound Stuff

        2011 Fairview Heights

                Pricing and dates

2011 planning

        Membership event - Patti

        Spring Seminar -

        Bell? Debbie S.

Press Committee Report - Debbie P or Charlene

Meet the Blind Month Activities

        Whozit

Ferris Wheel  - Prairie Land United Way Campaign - 8/19

BSPC Report - Dave M.

Elections -

At large meetings - Patti

New Business:

EFE meeting of voting consortium

        Possible Awards at National Convention

Reports on national meetings attended.

        White Cane and Affiliate Finance - Cathy R.

        Resolutions - Patti

        Federation Regeneration - Cathy R.

        NABS - Chris J and Michelle W.

        Meet the Blind Month - Bill R.

        Membership - Bob G

        Public Relations - Cathy R.

        Back to Basics - Bill R.

        Legislative Strategies - Bill R

        NFB Imagination Fund - Steve H.

To sponsor me in the race for independence which raises funds for the
Imagination Fund affiliated with the NFB Jernigan Institute, you can go to
www.raceforindependence.org.  Help us build innovative programs and products
to gain true independence.    For more information on NFB, the Jernigan
Institute and the Imagination Fund, go to www.nfb.org.

P.S.  National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is now on twitter at
www.twitter.com/nfbi.
We also have a facebook page.  Just search for our full name.

Patti Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org