[il-talk] Chicago chapter candy sale

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 28 02:13:20 UTC 2010

Hello Chicago Chapter members,

It is that time of year again.  Time for the Chicago Chapter to demonstrate
its collective sweet tooth, while at the same time invite the general public
to indulge along with us and finally, through our collective mastication of
chocolate confection, we will sweeten the financial outlook of our chapter.

And so it is you might ask, how does one engage in all of these persuits
simultaneously?  The answer is really quite simple.  You may do all of these
things by taking part in our annual fall candy sale.

Again this year, we have a chance to demonstrate our collective sweet tooth
as well as our commitment to the chapter, by engaging in procurement of
Worlds Finest Chocolate.

Again this year, Worlds Finest Chocolate continues to provide those tried
and tgrue dilectibles priced at $1 or $2.00.  Hear is what we will offer.

One Dollar items:  The following items continue to sell for $1.00, and may
be purchased in cases of 50 items.  Almond bars, Crisp bars, Milk chocolate
bars and Caramel bars.  Each case consists of 50 bars, which you may
purchase for $50.

You may, if you wish, order the new Worlds Finest Variety pack.  Each bar
sells for $1 and each variety pack consists of the following items.  Fifteen
almond bars, ten Milk chocolate bars, ten Caramel bars, ten Crisp bars, and
five Dark chocolate bars.  for a total of 50 incredible treats to enjoy, all
for the low price of $50.

$2 items:  The tried and true $2 items are still available.  They include
Mint Meltaways and Raisinettes.  The Mint Meltaways are $50 a case with each
case consisting of 25 boxes.  Raisinettes are $100 per case, with each case
consisting of 50 packages.

These offers are available for a limited time only, (September 11 to be
exact.)  So, if you wish to get in on the fun, please call Ken Staley at 7 7
3-4 7 2-3 0 8 5 or email David Meyer at datemeyer at sbcglobal.net by September
11, 2010.

With such a grand variety to choose from, we should all have fun sweetening
the financial outlook of the Chicago Chapter.

Thank you to all who engage in this effort.

DOUBLE THE PLEASURE DOUBLE THE FUN

The Staley challenge is back.  Since we all did such a great job meeting the
Staley challenge last year, he is uping the anti just a bit.  Ken Staley,
the Candy King has bet me that we cannot collectively sell 150%  of the
amount of candy that he will sell himself.  My response to him is, invoking
the words of our current US President, "Yes we can!"  So come, join me on
the confection barricades, and we can make it come true.