[il-talk] State Legislation Meeting 1-25-2010

Bill Reif billreif at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 20 20:42:28 UTC 2010

Hello,

Mary Lou and I would like to convene a State Legislation Committee meeting
Conference Call to take place on Monday, January 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM.  The
purpose of this meeting will be to update participants regarding the
progress of out two legislative initiatives this year.  These initiatives
include legislation to require that teachers of the blind periodically
recertify their compitence to teach braille, and our initiative to assure
that the custody or visitation rights of blind parents or guardians are not
challenged solely on the basis of their blindness.  We lill discuss
strategies to assure introduction, sponsorship, committee approval, and
passage of these initiatives.  All committee members are requested, and all
NFBI members are invited, to participate in this conference call.  The
call-in number will be (712) 580-7700; and the Access Code will be 6324.  We
look forward to your participation on Monday, January 25th at 7:00.

Cordially,
Bill Reif, State Legislative Co-Chair