[il-talk] carmen

Charlie Dennis chasbo88 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 21 22:33:34 UTC 2010

We all know about downtown Chicago's "Magnificant Mile;" well today, Carm
gave us some MAG-NIFICENT INCHES. She IS breathing on her own, so the
life-support isn't the only thing keeping her alive. Her blood pressure
still fluctuates, but it's WAY down from yesterday. She gets a feeding tube
later today. She (especially her nose) won't like that, but to us it's
definitely progress. She hears us, and her right hand squeezes appropriately
when we talk to her. If she were able to talk today she'd first say she's
cold, and then, because of all the extra appendages she has, she'd recite
from beginning to end the complete list of words you're not allowed to use
on Il-talk. Our thoughts and prayers are a hit!  Please keep them coming.
Thanks to all,
Charlie Dennis