[il-talk] carmen

Kathy Lynch megarah1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 02:42:46 UTC 2010

Kathy

--- On Thu, 1/21/10, Charlie Dennis <chasbo88 at comcast.net> wrote:

> From: Charlie Dennis <chasbo88 at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [il-talk] carmen
> To: il-talk at nfbnet.org
> Date: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 4:33 PM
> We all know about downtown Chicago's
> "Magnificant Mile;" well today, Carm
> gave us some MAG-NIFICENT INCHES. She IS breathing on her
> own, so the
> life-support isn't the only thing keeping her alive. Her
> blood pressure
> still fluctuates, but it's WAY down from yesterday. She
> gets a feeding tube
> later today. She (especially her nose) won't like that, but
> to us it's
> definitely progress. She hears us, and her right hand
> squeezes appropriately
> when we talk to her. If she were able to talk today she'd
> first say she's
> cold, and then, because of all the extra appendages she
> has, she'd recite
> from beginning to end the complete list of words you're not
> allowed to use
> on Il-talk. Our thoughts and prayers are a hit!
> Please keep them coming.
> Thanks to all,
> Charlie Dennis

Charlie,
I have spent many hours talking on the phone to Carmen as a new NFB friend this past few months.  I did not know that she was sick.  I just saw your email.  I'm so sorry.  What happened?  I definately will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  If I can help in any way, please call me.  )PHone 815-297-3793).  I have been out of the loop fro a few weeks as my cancer has come back, possibly in  the optic nerves in my brain.  They have put me on high doses of steroids to reduce the inflammation to try to see what they are dealing with, and because of tha I have gotten shingles.  Great day in the morning!  Tell Carmen when she's awake, she'll get a good laugh ouut of that one!!!  The new cure for blindness is shingles!  I'm starting to pray right now for my dear friend, and for strength for you.  With God, and a positive attitude, and lots of love-ALL things are possible.  LOve, Kathy Lynch