[il-talk] Youth Employment Program

Kelsey Thompson Kelsey.Thompson at chicagolighthouse.org
Thu Jul 22 16:08:23 UTC 2010

The Chicago Lighthouse is working with The Chicago Chamber of Commerce disabilityworks program and Manpower, Inc. to bring an unparalleled employment opportunity to youth and young adults with disabilities.  Through a “stimulus act” grant, this program will provide low-income youth between the ages of 16 and 24 with nine weeks of paid work experience, spanning the months of August and September.  Youth will be working at various office locations in the Chicago area staffed through Manpower temporary services.  If you are receiving SSI, you should qualify as being “low-income”.

If you’re looking for some extra cash and some great clerical work experience (full-time or part-time) in the next two months, you won’t want to miss this opportunity.  We’re ready to get started NOW!  I hope you’re ready, too!  If you’re interested in participating, please contact me ASAP to setup an intake.

Thanks!
Kelsey

Kelsey Thompson
Intake | Scholarship Program | Youth Transition Services
The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road | Chicago, IL  60608
Web: www.thechicagolighthouse.org
Phone: 312-666-1331 ext. 3089
Fax: 312-243-8539