[il-talk] a welcome to Springfield on August 27th, the evening before our Board Meeting

Bill Reif billreif at ameritech.net
Fri Jul 23 15:08:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

Roberta and I would like to welcome those of you planning to come to
Springfield for our August 28th Board Meeting to stop by our home for
some food, fellowship and refreshments the evening of Friday, August
27th.  Remember that NFBI Board Meetings are open to everyone, so you
don't have to be on the Board to attend the meeting, or our get-together
Friday evening.  We know there are two trains people can take from
either Chicago or downstate; so the event will run from 5:00 til about
10:00.  If you'd like, you can try your hand at grilling, an activity
which many blind people do safely and frequently.  Our home and our
yard, which includes some interesting plants and flowers, has plenty of
room to relax.  This event is free!  All we ask is that you RSVP by
August 23rd if you plan to come so we know how much food and
refreshments to provide.  So as not to clutter il-talk, you can email us
at billreif at ameritech.net, or call me at (217) 801-2996.

Our home is at 1225 North Third Street, which is the first house on the
west side of North Grand, near Springfield Southern Baptist at the
intersection.  (North Grand is the name of a street that runs east-west,
about twelve blocks north of downtown.  South Grand is a separate street
twelve blocks south of downtown.)  If you need assistance getting here,
please call the number above, or try contacting the house at (217)
522-9139.  We look forward to seeing you here.

Cordially,
Bill and Roberta Reif