[il-talk] Talking Book Option

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 12:49:22 UTC 2010

I bought some blank cartridges for the new NLS digital book player, getting those and a special cord from American Printing House for the Blind.  Using my computer and downloading a digital book off the BARD site, I was easily able to put it on one of the blank cartridges and play it on my NLS book player.

I doubt this approach will replace my Victor Stream for me, but it does give people another option.  Certainly, for those not interested or able to buy a Victor Stream, this approach eliminates the need for one.  At least, if you're only interested in NLS talking books.

The bottom line seems to be, for those with a computer, you would rarely need the services of a Talking Book Center.