[il-talk] Convention Accessible Transportation

Charlene Elder 1ladychar at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 17 20:24:55 UTC 2010

To follow up, I contacted Joyful Transportation.  They said it is $30.00 per trip.  I think that is per person.  They thought we had booked transportation with them before, and they said a discount was worked out.  I think it may have been the ICB convention last year.  Anyway, whose responsibility is it to pay for the transportation--the hotel's to make transportation opportunities equal?  Apparently the organization (probably the ICb) paid the transportation company.  There is Access Springfield which is the paratransit company, but they do not operate on Sunday.  Please solve this problem through the Transportation or Convention Arrangements Committees.  I would hate to see no accessibility in a town which boasts continually about accessibility.
Charlene Elder