[il-talk] projects

JOSEPH MONTI jlmonti at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 12 00:59:56 UTC 2010

hi folks, well in the last couple of days i've seen programs and projects for kid, students,parents, seniors and others that i can't remember. the cost of these wonderful programs will be our,the affiliate of illinois, responsibility. right now we have an order for a little over $2000 ofl which we will profit about $ 300. so who is going to pay for these wonderful programs, you ? the beauty of the gift card program is that the vendors pay us. we order $5000 of jewel cards and you get $500 of jewel cards and Jewel gives u a whopping $20. restaurants and most retail stores give us double that. so we don't pay for these wonderful programs. but you have to buy gift cards in any amount and the number of vendors is awesome, using a patti word.
nowl what happens if we don't buy gift cards, and carson coupons and go to Oktoberfest. the wonderful programs will disappear. no munipal body in this state or country gives us any money.  we get grants from companies and individuals but  most of those have strings attached. thosel are appreciated too. they can do some wonderful things also. but the things we want to do to insusre the future for blind children and we want to educate them and train them to become working, productive earners like anyone else. there are still too few blind people employed. and these people want to pay taxes and social security and 401's. disability does not do a good job in meeting our needs. so buys some cards. it doesn't matter if you buy one or fifty. everyone helps to make blind people
a productive group and not gone that sits on their butt and lives off other people's work.
March 14th is the dealine. i didn't want to make it march 15th, the ides of march, because bad things happen to me and my ancestors on that date.
joe WalMonti.