[il-talk] Fwd: [Colorado-talk] Update on Ray McGeorge

Araceli Avina shortattit7 at aim.com
Wed May 19 15:07:32 UTC 2010

Araceli Avina, Secretary
Illinois Association of Blind Students
ISVI Advisory Council Member
(773) 440-7119

Sox win!!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott C. LaBarre <slabarre at labarrelaw.com>
<nabs-l at nfbnet.org>; NFB Affiliate Presidents List
<nfbaffiliatepresidents at nfbnet.org>; NFB of Colorado Discussion List
<colorado-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Jernigan, Mary Ellen <MJernigan at NFB.ORG>; Dr. Maurer
<officeofthepresident at nfb.org>; Lisa Bonderson
<lbonderson at labarrelaw.com>; Wadia,Kristina <KWadia at nfb.org>
Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:03 pm
Subject: [Colorado-talk] Update on Ray McGeorge

Greetings:

Since I last wrote, we had been blessed with a few days of relatively
little change and signs of improvement.  Today, however, is another one
of those days with a bump in the road.  Unfortunately, Ray suffered a
stroke today.  The doctors cannot predict ultimately how this will
affect Ray.  It is simply too early to tell.  The good sign is that he
has been stable since and he is moving all of his limbs around and has
been over-breathing the respirator often.  He also has a blood clot in
his lung that they are discussing how to treat.  One method is to
insert through a catheter a filter in his artery would  prevent that
clot from either lodging in his heart or his brain.

This afternoon I went down to the hospital and spent well over a half
an hour in Ray's room, holding his hand and talking to him.  My sense
is that he is fighting this hard and that he has definitely not given
up despite these bumps in the road.  The strength emanating from Ray is
palpable.  We need to keep our prayers and thoughts focused on him.
Diane told me again how very much she appreciates everyone's messages,
prayers, thoughts, and love.  Keep them coming!
Scott C. LaBarre, Esq.

LaBarre Law Offices P.C.
1660 South Albion Street, Ste. 918
Denver, Colorado 80222
303 504-5979 (voice)
303 757-3640 (fax)
slabarre at labarrelaw.com (e-mail)
www.labarrelaw.com (website)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential and
privileged information. If you are not the designated recipient, you
may not read, copy, distribute or retain this message. If you received
this message in error, please notify the sender at 303) 504-5979 or
slabarre at labarrelaw.com, and destroy and delete it from your system.
This message and any attachments are covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521.