[il-talk] Fw: [nfb-talk] Marsha Lindsey, now Drenth, QUEST FOR SIGHT--her story

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 20:53:00 UTC 2010

Hi Debbie and all,  Here's my two cents on this matter.  Although some
people probably didn't like At First Sight, it did something very positive
for my mom.  Until she saw that movie, there was a part of her that hoped I
would be able to see.  But seeing that movie taught her to never feel sorry
for a blind person.  As a result, she's come to gain a gradual exceptance to
my blindness. I also agree that it's one's own right to try the new medical
procedures out there for restoring vision.  As for me, I would never try
them but that's my call.  I think this story is very interesting and if
anything, it makes my belief even stronger that if a chance to get sight
came my way, I wouldn't take it.
Leslie
Leslie