[il-talk] FW: Hadley eConnect, October 25, 2010

Robert A.Hansen roberthansen33 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 16:34:04 UTC 2010

Sent: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 06:56:21 Pacific Daylight Time
To: roberthansen33 at yahoo.com
Subject: Hadley eConnect, October 25, 2010

This newsletter is best viewed in HTML format.

header image: eConnect from The Hadley School for the Blind

Seminars at Hadley Presents: The Straight Skinny About Self-Esteem

Date: Thursday, November 4, 2010

Time: 11AM CDT, 16:00 GMT

Some psychologists view self-esteem as the most important gift we can give

ourselves.

Nathaniel Branden, self-esteem theorist and trainer, says: "The level of our

self-esteem has profound consequences for every aspect of our existence—how we

operate in the workplace, how we deal with people, how high we are likely to

rise, how much we are likely to achieve."

It’s easy to see why having and understanding healthy self-esteem is important.

Join Seminars at Hadley as Dr. Dean Tuttle, Hadley Instructor Naomi Tuttle, and

Hadley Texas Outreach Coordinator Billy Brookshire discuss self-esteem: What is

it? How does blindness affect it? What are its components? How can

practitioners and individuals influence it?

This 60 minute seminar will be moderated by Billy Brookshire, Hadley Outreach

Coordinator. A question and answer session will be included as part of the

seminar.

As always, listening to the seminar remains free of charge. There is a US $25

fee associated with completing the seminar for credit (1 CE hour).

Professionals interested in receiving continuing education credit will be

required to successfully complete a quiz and brief survey before a certificate

is issued. (ACVREP approval pending)

[1]To register for this seminar, follow this link

If you want to learn more

Hadley’s course, “Self-Esteem and Adjusting with Blindness” is available to

students who are blind, family members and professionals. Maintaining

self-esteem with the changes and adaptations that come with blindness are

discussed in-depth and illustrated with quotes from many blind persons. For

more information, visit the Hadley Web site at [2]www.hadley.edu.

2010 Braille Holiday Cards are now available! The holiday cards are a great way

to give back to Hadley this holiday season. The Woman's Board of The Hadley

School for the Blind has held the sale since 1956. The cards feature greetings

in both print and braille, and personal inscription is available. They feature

artwork by Hadley Woman's Board member and local artist Kay Moffitt. The cards

come in boxes of 25 for $30 and are available through mail order, on site at

the school or online at [3]www.hadley.edu/holidaycard through December 15.

Please help us spread the word by forwarding this link to family and friends

who may be interested in purchasing cards. These cards make the perfect holiday

greeting!

Professionals, we appreciate your referrals!

Hadley encourages you to forward this newsletter to a friend.

Follow us on: [4]facebook logo

Facebook         [5]twitter logo

Twitter

[6]About Hadley    [7]Enroll Now    [8]Donate Online

footer image: 'Lifelong Learning since 1920' The Hadley School for the Blind,

700 Elm Street, Winnetka, IL 60093, 800-323-4238, www.hadley.edu