[il-talk] FW: Voice Samples for Bus Shelter Bus Tracker Auditory Signage

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 4 12:23:36 UTC 2011

  _____

From: Levinson, Cara [mailto:clevinson at transitchicago.com]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 11:40 AM
To: doreen.bogus at cityofchicago.org; pattichang at att.net;
steve.hastalis at gmail.com; datemeyer at sbcglobal.net; ajserpe at cps.k12.il.us;
greg.polman at chicagolighthouse.org; veramiles at sbcglobal.net;
kkellyp at gmail.com; jferneborg at metrarr.com; hap at therainreport.com;
shrnhow at att.net; edwin.rodriguez at accessliving.org;
johnsonvoices at sbcglobal.net
Cc: Spagat, Jonathon; Delgado, Eva-Dina; karen.tamley at cityofchicago.org;
laurie.dittman at cityofchicago.org
Subject: FW: Voice Samples for Bus Shelter Bus Tracker Auditory Signage

All: CTA is looking for your input on the "Voice" of the auditory component
of the Bus Tracker announcements for our pilot bus shelter project.

Please listen to the attached zip drive.  There are two voices, Callie
(female) and David (male).  Both voices have two samples: one for arrival
announcements, the other for alerts.  Feel free to forward this email for
review by other CTA customers who are blind or have a visual impairment.

Do you prefer one voice over the other?  If so, please let us know why.

I would appreciate your responses by noon this Friday, August 5.

Cara

Cara B. Levinson
ADA Compliance Officer
Chicago Transit Authority