[il-talk] Braille Readers Are Leaders Contest

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 23:15:46 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone

Well, two weeks from now the BRAL contest will be over.  That started on Nov 1, and will end on Jan 4, Louis Braille's birthday.

I just checked the Leader Board, but didn't find any Illinois names, at least in the adult categories.  But I did find two names that might be of interest.

In third place in the Beginner category is Tom Tebockhorst.  Tom now resides in Minneapolis, but originally came from the Iowa side of the Quad-Cities.  Tom is the brother of John Tebockhorst, the secretary of the Blackhawk Chapter.

And in second place in the Intermediate category is Judy Sanders, another Minneapolis resident.  Judy, of course, is president of the NFB Seniors Division, and one of the key players in the Washington Seminar.

As for me -- well, I'm not on the Leader Board, but I'm reading Braille like never before.  And I, along with Denise Avant, Liz Bottner, and Debbie Pittman will represent the NFBI in the Team of the Year category as the LIFE Group.

Bob