[il-talk] personal news from Sharon

Edwin Rodriguez conibodyworks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 05:36:01 UTC 2011

You go girl!

-----Original Message-----
From: il-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:il-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Hai Nguyen
Sent: January 16, 2011 6:44 PM
To: NFB of Illinois Mailing List
Subject: Re: [il-talk] personal news from Sharon

Sharon,
Let me join everyone else by wishing you congratulations! It sounds like you
have a number of great exciting opportunities coming up fast.
On Jan 16, 2011, at 6:20 PM, sharon howerton wrote:

> As many of you know, I am an active participant in the music program at
St. Gregory the Great Parish on the north side both as choir member and solo
cantor. Last year in March, a number of us along with several "ringers"
(hired voices), performed the Mozart Requiem, one performance at the
Winnetka Congregational Church which just happens to be down the street from
Hadley where I work (absolute coincidence) and at St. Gregory's. Just after
the new year, we were informed that we have been invited (no ringers or
definitely not as many!) to return to sing at St. Peter's in Rome in 2013.
We sang there in March, 2007, and our director received a personal
invitation for us to return. The following week or this past Thursday, we
were informed of another invitation. We will be considered the International
Chamber Artists Choir and received the following notice from our director
yesterday:

> Here is another bit of news to knock your socks off.  I wanted to tell
> you about a rather large opportunity for ICA that has come into my
> hands.  ICA has recently been invited by the Polish community of
> Chicago to do 3 performances of the Mozart Requiem in early April
> (2nd, 6th & 9th), and also on those performances will be the Pergolesi
> Stabat Mater (FYI, there is no choir on the Stabat Mater) that we'll
> be doing on the April 3 & 10th ICA performances.  These Mozart Requiem
> performances will be to commemorate the tragic deaths of the Polish
> government officials that died in the plane crash last year and to
commemorate the anniversary of John Paul II's death.
> They are expecting packed houses & inviting a lot of media, the
> current government administration from Poland, Cardinal George, and
> even Obama.  No guarantees on who comes, but regardless, this is a major
opportunity for us!
> I will again be hiring 5 singers on a part.  Can you sing in the
> chorus for these performances?  This would be again for ICA, so you
> would be part of the ICA Chamber Choir.  If you don't already have
> one, I'll be giving you a practice CD w/ your part highlighted
> throughout.  You would have to attend all rehearsals below and know
> all of your notes by the first rehearsal - I will be moving quickly
> during the first 2 rehearsals and if you can't commit to learning your
notes on your own, you probably shouldn't bother with this.