[il-talk] Using a cane

Connie Davis condav8950 at att.net
Mon Jun 13 00:57:22 UTC 2011

Thanks, Leslie.
When I talk about the grocery cart, I mean a personal one that use to take
on public transportation. I go from store to store, so I'm out on the
sidewalk using my cane and the cart. It just amazes me that people expect me
to move out of their way when I have a cart full of groceries. They just
keep walking right toward me. I think what's wrong with this picture? I
realize that this rudeness is not exclusive to blind people. I watch them
pushing and shoving each other to get on trains and busses. They walk along
either talking or texting on their cell phones. Believe it or not, one day I
saw a guy walking and reading a newspaper!

Connie