[il-talk] Using a cane

Connie Davis condav8950 at att.net
Mon Jun 13 23:03:52 UTC 2011

This is to all of you, who have posted back on-list, privately and have
called. Thank you all so much!!!
I'm going to clarify this. I was walking outside, pulling a grocery cart
full of groceries, using my cane in front of me. Two young men were walking
toward me. It was like we were playing chicken. One of them moved without
comment. The other was not willing to move out my path, even though it would
have been easier. When I didn't move, he called me a whore. What upset me
was that it wasn't an appropriate response to the situation. It's just a
word, but what the heck? Does that make sense?

Connie