[il-talk] Blackhawk Chapter Newsletter For September

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 21:09:00 UTC 2011

HAWK TALK

The monthly newsletter of the Blackhawk Chapter,

September 1, 2011

Editor:  Nancy Gardner

Contact Info:  Robert Gardner, President

 (309) 755-8085

 rngard1061 at mchsi.com

It's September! Fall has just begun and school is in session. Time to get back in the swing of things. Be sure to make attending our monthly chapter meetings a part of your routine! See you on Saturday, September 10th.

THIS MONTH'S MEETING

Our next meeting will be held on Saturday, September 10th. at 1:30PM, at the South Moline Township Center at 637 17th. Avenue in East Moline.

Speaking of getting back into the swing of things, our program this month will feature the business we need to consider over the next several months.  This will include our upcoming state convention in October, the Younkers Community Days in November, and our Christmas party in December.  Come prepared to purchase your tickets and booklets, and to pre-register for the convention.  Also, we need to sign up for our 2012 chapter memberships (a whole $2.00!), and don't forget our humungous 50/50 raffle now going on.  Bring plenty of dollar bills for this meeting!

BIRTHDAY CORNER

The following members will be celebrating birthdays:

      September 3   Alma Sowers

9  Bob Gardner

11  Don Olson

               19  Larry Hines

               20  Lois Montgomery

FUND RAISING

You should have received your BIRDIES FOR CHARITY pledges in the mail.  Please send in your pledge as this is our largest fund raising event of the year.  The money received from BIRDIES FOR CHARITY, for example, makes it possible to have our Christmas Party in December with only a minimal charge to attendees.

By the way, the number of birdies this year was 2160.  Did anyone guess that number, or did anyone win any kind of prize?

UPCOMING EVENTS:

October  7-9:  NFB of Illinois state convention in Rock Island - YES, right here in our own back yard.  Please consider going to this great NFB event.  Contact Bob Gardner for more details, or go to the website, www.nfbofillinois.org.

October 15:  Date of our October chapter meeting. The date has been changed because of the state convention. (Our regular meeting date is the second Saturday of each month.) At the October meeting, we will be electing officers for the coming year.  Please plan to attend.

November 11 & 12:  Younkers' Community Days.  Booklets for this event will be available at our September meeting. More details at the September meeting.

December 10 : Blackhawk Chapter Christmas Party. Be sure to save this date. There will be more information later.

RECIPE CORNER

  HELP !!!!  Please submit your favorite recipes.  You can give written recipes to me at the chapter meetings, send them email (address in letterhead), or mail them to me at: P.O. Box 191, Hampton, IL 61256. Thanks! Nancy

John Tebockhorst sent in this recipe.  Thank you, John!

KEY LIME PIE

1 - 9 inch graham cracker crust

1 small pkg. sugar free lime Jello

1 cup boiling water

2 - 8 oz. containers of Key lime yogurt

1 - 8 oz. Cool Whip

1. Pour Jello into bowl.  Add boiling water and stir until dissolved.

2. Mix in the 2 containers of yogurt, stir well.

3. Fold in Cool Whip.

4. Pour into crust.

5. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours (or overnight) to set.

6. Before serving, take out of frig and let set for about 10 minutes.

7. Cut into 6 or 8 pieces.

Enjoy!

Note from John - You can change the flavors of Jello and yogurt to make different kinds of pie.