[il-talk] Fw: sad day, sad times

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 21:20:17 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone

After reading the message below, I have to again remind everyone that the
Il-Talk list serve was set up to allow us to discuss topics related to
blindness and the NFB.  This list serve was not set up as a forum to discuss
your views on politics, religion, race, gender, or sexual preferences.  If
you feel the need to express your opinions on such topics, please find
another venue to do so.

I would also like to say that the NFB of Illinois, and all of the NFB, is an
organization that welcomes and embraces all those of different ethnic
backgrounds, different religions, different political views, and different
sexual orientations.  We are an American organization, and that is what
America is all about.  We are a country -- and an organization -- that
welcomes diversity.  Today is 9/11, and we should recognize that that
diversity is what makes our country great and what makes our country unique.

So, if you want to talk race, religion, politics, sexual orientation, or
whatever is not blindness related, go find another stage on which to speak.
Keep it off Il-Talk.

Bob Gardner
Il-Talk list moderator