[il-talk] New Transit App

Bruce C. Paul brucecpaul at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 18:37:23 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I recently went to a presentation on a new transit app called Transit Genie available for the iPhone being developed by a group out of UIC.  They currently have the app available on the App Store, but it is not accessible.  I spoke with the main researcher developing this app and he would like some blind users to help make it more accessible and gather more data.

The basic idea of the app is to provide real time information on the fastest way to get from one place to another using public transit, given the traffic conditions and your location.  It seems like something most of us could use, especially when traveling unfamiliar routes.  The researcher would appreciate our input, but I think could use a bit more data on usage and for routes they haven't tried.

If you live in Chicago and would like to participate in this project in an official capacity, let me know and I can figure out when we can all talk with the developers and see if we can add something to their project.

Thanks,
bcp

Bruce C. Paul
639 W. Armitage Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614My profiles:

 Latest bookmark:  The Best PCs You Can Build for $600 and $1200
Save this   Get this email app!
 Latest tweet:  I just joined Chicago Dev Happy Hour! http://t.co/27NwLqcU #linkedin
Follow @blindsmartaleck  Reply  Retweet   10:25 Sep-16   Get this email app!
Signature powered by WiseStamp