[il-talk] Board meeting agenda

Gregory Chang Patti pattichang at att.net
Sat Aug 18 22:17:51 UTC 2012

DRAFT Agenda
8/25/12 NFBI Board Meeting
Holiday Inn O’Hare  5615 N. Cumberland Ave. Chicago IL
And via conference call218 936 1200 code 6324  code 6324

Note we will convene from 9:00 to 10:30 and then go protest.  We will return at 12:30 and will have a working box lunch $15 per person.  We will work through until we are finished.

Please let me know what I have forgotten:

AGENDA
Minutes from : 3/29/12  e-mailed 8/11/12
Minutes from 5/1/12  e-mailed 8/17/12

Treasurer’s First Quarter Report  e-mailed 8/11/12
Treasurer’s Second Quarter Report
Treasurer’s unofficial up to date balance
Bonds and CDs  - Glenn appointed to research these.

Confidentiality

background checks - Glenn, Bill and Patti

National convention
National Meeting Reports  All listed have been e-mailed
	Library
	State legislation
	Board meeting
communications
resolutions

See attached if you do not recall which you were assigned to cover.   If you can do so, a written report prior to our Board Mtg would be helpful.

New attendees:
Jernigan winners
Vendors
Scholarship winners

Board of directors – slate?

State convention
Agenda – see attached for notes on the agenda and planning thus far.

Planning for 2013
We have already committed to Freedom Link and a Parent/TVI seminar
no 2013 convention sponsorship
What about a bell program?

Annual reports
	Legislation e-mailed 4/30/12 and 8/12/12
	Spring Seminar e-mailed 5/6/12 and 8/11/12

T-Shirt fund raiser with IABS
NABS rep

Committee reports
Sales
Membership
PR
Newsletter
legislation - Parent rights bill

For national convention

Denise Avant
Fed Legis
Resolution

Mary Lou Grunwald
Merchants
Membership

Leslie Hamric
Membership
Public relations

Steve Hastalis
State legislation
National legislation

Glenn Moore
Grants
White cane

Debbie Pittman
State bills
Public relations

Jemal Powell
State legislation
Fed legislation

Cathy Randall
Library
Grant
Basics

Rose Sloan
NABS
BOARD meeting

Debbie stein
Resolutions
Communications

Convention Notes:  An “ok” means that this item has been confirmed at least one.

Friday afternoon seminar:

Judo Self-Defense Demo
Marco ok
Nikky ok
Howard wilson

Resolution Friday afternoon at 4:00.
George resolutions ok

Friday night
Scholarship dinner ok
At large dinner ok ??

Tech  and exhibitor session 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
A t guys ok
En vision ok
E m vetu inc   Ok
Horizons ok
Hadley ok

Want to start IDOL at 7:30
Idol rose Sloan ok

Politicians:  invited for Saturday day or banquet
Cong Quigley
Cong: Chakowski maybe
State rep
State senator

Saturday

Parent Breakfast

National Report

Teacher of tomorrow panel
stacy Jena ok
Brian Mohls ok

breakout in the A.M. for Significant Others
Parent and students lunches

Afternnon breakouts for teen scene after parents

Vemdors
Nicky gacos ok
Raven ok
John Gordon ok and
Ed Birmingham ok
Rogers

Employment Panel
Adrienne Asch ok
Cary Supalo ok

Banquet
MC Denise ok
Awards  Patti Ok
Performance Leslie ok

Sunday

Student Breakfast

Braille is Beautiful Debbie ok

Cancer panel
Connie ?
Gina ok
Patricia Bissel ok

National Federation of the blind center  representatives – invited no answer yet

Misc
Parents Debbie Stein ok
Framcisco kid camp ok
Glenn  registration ok
Info Roberta ok
teen scene Dale ok
S o b bob and Francisco ok
Rep Carl Jacobson ok

P.S.  NFBI is on twitter as "NFBI" and on Facebook as "national Federation of the Blind of Illinois."

Please donate to our annual appeal by sending your tax deductible donation to our treasurer:  Glenn Moore Treasurer PO Box 1065 Elgin, IL 60121.  Thank you.

Patti Gregory Chang Esq.
Chair, NFB Scholarship Committee
President, NFBI
pattichang at att.net