[il-talk] FW: My fractured leg update

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 22 21:20:52 UTC 2012

Hi all. Jenny Keller wanted me to forward her most recent update to the
list. Thanks.
Leslie

After tomorrow, I'll only have two more weeks with the walker, then I'll be
free, *smile*

I have this funky brace though that my husband calls the ankle corset.

You have to totally unlace it, then put it on after showering.  then make
sure your heel is in this home in the back.  After that, I have to hold it
snug in the heel hole, and my husband has to lace it from just past the
toes, all the way up to the lower caff of the leg.  that's the hard part.
There are three straps that velcro, but one goes across the ankle and foot
like part of an X, goes around the arch of the foot, and then goes to a spot
on the side of the brace to stick.  You do the same with the other strap on
the other side of the brace, which makes an X on the top of your foot, but
goes under the arch of the foot again while sticking to the other side of
the brace.  Last, but not least, there is a wide strap that velcros on the
top of the brace that is right at the lower caff.

Sounds fun huh, *smile*.  I don't know how long I'll have to wear that
thing, but I'll deal with it as long as I have to to strengthen the leg and
ankle.

I'm waiting to hear from the physical therapist who will come to the home
and do therapy from here.  I think I'm going to ask that once it is clear
that we've done all we can from here, that I be given another prescription
to go to a place that would have a treadmill, and other more advanced
therapy.

At least then, I'll be able to ride the bus again to get there.
thank you and everyone for your prayers and thoughts.
Jenny