[il-talk] Vision requirement on job descripton

GlennMooreIII at yahoo.com GlennMooreIII at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 13:45:37 UTC 2012

Maybe some of our lawyers could answer this:
I'm paraphrasing, but is it legal for a company to state on a job description that an employee must have adequate vision to perform all requirements ef the job efficiently?
(I can find out the exact wording if it helps)

If I understand correctly, the ADA only guarantees a disabled worker be provided with  accomodations to perform a job, if those accomodations are "reasonable" and that with them he or she would perform comperably to a typical qualified applicant or worker, and protect the worker from discriminatory hiring/firing if they can perform the job to standard, but can a company or NFP actually require a physical attribute to have or keep the job?

-Glenn III
(from iPhone: 1 (847) 899-9801)