[il-talk] agenda for next at large meeting

Charlene Elder 1ladychar at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 20 23:09:54 UTC 2012

Hi, Leslie,

I'm going to try sending this copy of the Minutes again.  Please let me know
if you receive it.  Thanks.
Char.
At Large Chapter Minutes

2-5-2012

Those present were:
Leslie Hamric, At Large Chapter President, Charlene Elder, Secretary, Dave
Meyer,  Ryan Wilms, Linda ---, Danny Mandrell, Bill Reif and Sid Winer.

Eight people were present despite the Superbowl.

We introduced ourselves, then told of a favorite hobby.

There was no Presidential Release this month.

Dave Meyer presented the State Repor, since Patti and Debbywere at
Washington Seminar. The tree issues we are following and promoting are:
fair wages, at least minimum wage for people with disabilities, a consumer
electronics accessibility billand asmall business bill for people with
disabilities.  We will be holding a teacher and parent seminar on April 13
and 14.  The Natgional Convention is in Dallasthis year.  It will start on
June 30 and end on July 5.  Our state convention is in Chicago at the
Holiday Inn, O’Hareon October 5, 6 and 7.  We now are starting a Guide Dog
Division which holds its meetings by conference call on the fourth
Tuesday of the month on February 28 on this nuumberand this same code at
8:00 PM.National and State scholarships are due by March 31.

Ryan Wilms gave a program from a thought provoker regarding facial vision.
We discussed facial vision and echolocation.

Our next meeting will be on March 4, 2012.  The meeting adjourned at 8:20
PM.

Respectfully Submitted,

Charlene Elder,
Secretary