[il-talk] Just wanted to share another independence story!

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:29:50 UTC 2012

Hi Linda,

congratulations.  I know how hard it is to learn a new area.

I've been blind since birth so I don't know what you're going through in that regard.  but as it's been said before, any start is a great one.

I wish my husband, who has been blind for 15 years would take the chances you are.  The mobility trainers here in Rockford are terrible though and they can only get to him once a month if he's lucky.

He doesn't even trust me to take him places, and I've been guiding other blind people since I was very young at camps and events.

I guess it's all a matter of how bad you want it, and whether you let your fear rule you.

You're doing great.

Jenny