[il-talk] FW: [leadership] Fw: Urgent Action Required: Commercialization Amendment to S. 1813

Ray Campbell ray1530 at wowway.com
Fri Mar 2 18:08:52 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: leadership-bounces at acb.org [mailto:leadership-bounces at acb.org] On
Behalf Of Ardis Bazyn
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 11:16 AM
To: CCB presidents; ACB Leadership List; rsva-board at acb.org; rsva-l at acb.org;
ivie at acb.org; bsc-officers at ccbnet.org
Subject: [leadership] Fw: Urgent Action Required: Commercialization
Amendment to S. 1813

All-
Below is a very important email alert which was sent to the NCSAB members
and stakeholders this morning on the latest actions for the
commercialization of roadside rest areas.
Time is of the essence and we all must join together immediately and contact
Senator Boxer (202) 224-3553 and Congressman Drier of the House Rules
Committee
(202) 225-2305.  You could also call Senator Feinstein's office as well, and
send emails referring to the new Senate Amendment S. 1813.
Thanks to all who are taking the time to make the calls on this very
important issue to thousands of blind vendors throughout our nation.
Here is the latest alert just put out to NCSAB. Looks like things are moving
fast, and the Senate will likely be where this is won or lost.
Good morning NCSAB members:
We have learned that the plan on the surface transportation reauthorization
bill is for the Senate to move S. 1813 first, and then for the House to take
up the Senate bill. Senator Portman of Ohio continues to push hard for the
opportunity to offer his commercialization amendment - amendment number 1742
to S. 1813 - which would threaten business opportunities for blind
entrepreneurs along federal highways and have a devastating impact on
Randolph-Sheppard programs across the country.
The Senate is poised to move quickly on S. 1813, and it is absolutely vital
that all United States Senators hear from blind vendors, SLAs, and anybody
who cares about the future of business opportunities for the blind as soon
as possible. Please call your Senators today to register your concerns with
Portman amendment 1742 to S. 1813, and pass this message along to your
elected committees and consumer organizations so that they can do the same.
Again, we are working in a very tight timeframe, so contacts will be most
effective if made today.
You can reach your Senators' offices by calling the Capitol switchboard at
(202) 225-3121
.
Thank you for your continued efforts to preserve business opportunities for
blind entrepreneurs!
Take care,
Sean
Sean Whalen
Policy Associate
Linchpin Strategies, LLC

Ardis Bazyn
For inspirational speaking, business coaching, writing, or books:
www.bazyncommunications.com
Read my latest online newsletter and subscribe to received newsletter
notifications