[il-talk] Chicago Chapter meeting...then Whole foods

Steven Hastalis steve.hastalis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 19:03:10 UTC 2012

I have not gone to this Whole Foods, but I have gone to others.  I like
their selection, but they have high prices.  If this store resembles others,
they let you sample items in the store.  If you like, you can buy items and
eat them in the picnic area of the store.

If we go there right after the Chicago Chapter meeting at Exchequer, we can
go south to Roosevelt, either on the Green or Orange Line L, or Red Line,
State Street Subway, then west on Route #12 Roosevelt bus from the mid-block
stop, between Wabash and State, to Canal, 500 West.

Caution:  Anyone wishing to go home from there on a Metra train, either out
of Union Station or Ogilvie Transportation Center, will have no bus service
northbound on Canal from 1100 South on weekends because buses serving that
area only run on Mondays through Fridays.  You either will need to walk
about a mile north on Canal Street with your haul of groceries or take a
taxi.

Cordially,

Steve