[il-talk] Braille Monitor Story.

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 00:01:15 UTC 2012

I relate to those multi-volumed huge large print books, I had forgotten about those things, smile.

They are a distant memory for me too, I just don't want to see any other child have to go through what we did unnecessarily.  It is definitely not something I think that children should go through these days.  We know way too much about things from trial and error with kids like us, to keep doing stuff like that over and over.

I can never go to college or advance my education because I have at max, a sixth grade education.  I don't know the nemath code for braille to even learn higher math than addition, subtraction, multiplication, and single digit devision.

Without those skills, I have no way of going for a degree in anything, and honestly, since I don't know how to study auditory, I feel as though I'm trapped in what little I do know, which isn't good enough to get me a decent job, once my health issues get taken care of.

If there's anyone out there that would like me to share my experiences with educators and parents, I'll do it, I don't want any other child to have to be living the kind of uneducated life that I live at the age of 38.

On a positive note, I hope all are having a great weekend, and I wish you a wonderful Sunday, whether you go to church, or stay home and just hang.

Jenny