[il-talk] Pennies for pages

Denise Avant dravant at ameritech.net
Sat Nov 3 22:23:51 UTC 2012

Hello federationist,
Well BRAL has started, and so far, I have read 50 pages. This year, I have decided to participate in Pennies For Pages just to do something different and bring in a few dollars for IABS. You see, whatever money I am able to raise for NABS, our national student division, half comes back to the State  student division. So, if anyone wants to sponsor me, by the page or a flat rate, half comes back to IABS and the other half to our young people at national.  I have two sponsors already. last year, i read 3012 pages. I do not know if I will make that this year, but BRAL is a good opportunity to work on my Braille skills and raise money for our student division.
And for everyone, BRAL has begun. Whether you are beginner or advanced, it is a fun time to brush up on your Braille skills.
Happy reading.

Denise Avant
dravant at ameritech.net

P.S.  Please give to the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Annual
Appeal by sending your tax deductible donation to NFBI c/o Glenn Moore III,
Treasurer P.O. Box 1065 Elgin, IL 60121.