[il-talk] update

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 17 14:40:42 UTC 2012

Joe,

This is great news.  I have a feeling that recovery will really pick up from
here.  I know that with Teresa, that was definitely the case.  Though she
does not particularly enjoy driving, the fact that she could do it seemed to
motivate Teresa to push herself harder to a full recovery.  We just got back
from Minnesota.  Teresa did not bring a cane and we had to do a considerable
amount of walking at the airport.  She did it without showing any ill
effects.  Also, she could actually sleep well at night, something she was
unable to do during the last two times we visited Minnesota.  Friends and
family were surprised and impressed with the way she was able to move with
her new hip and knee.  It sounds like Mary has cleared a giant hurtle.
Recovery should be smoother and more rapid from this point.  A great early
Christmas present?