[il-talk] Observation Rides On New CTA 5000 Series L Cars

Steven Hastalis steve.hastalis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 18:26:05 UTC 2012

The Transportation Committee of the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois will lead an expedition of rides and observations on the Chicago Transit Authority's new 5000 Series elevated "L" cars, followingh up correspondence on Il-talk and discussion at the November 10 Chicago Chapter Meeting.

When:  Wednesday, November 28, beginning at 4:45 PM
Where:  Clark and Lake, Inner Loop or Thompson Center side of the L Station, south side of Lake Street
Route:  Pink Line, although we may observe and ride some of these cars, now in service on the Green Line also

We will listen to doors, electronic chimes and related announcements.

Come and join us!  Share your reactions, recommendations, thoughts and concerns.

Questions?  Comments?  Further directions?  Please call our cell phones:

Jemal Powell, Chair, (708) 557-7979
Steve Hastalis, Vice-chair, (773) 848-5307
il-talk at nfbnet.org Observation Rides On New CTA 5000 Series L Cars