[il-talk] Meet the Blind

Bruce C. Paul brucecpaul at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 18:42:26 UTC 2012

Hi Il-Talk,

I just wanted to send out one more request for volunteers, with experience, for a meet the blind experience I am planning for the Chicago Children's Museum.

We have a great group of volunteers already.  I got the idea of trying something interactive with the kids.  I was thinking Goal Ball, but I don't have a ball nor know the rules.  I do think we'll have Braille, I have the idea to try Twitter Braille:  each child could write 140 characters on a note card...  This would allow people to see Braille can be efficient and give a sense of how most blind individuals use it.

Since we will have our travel experts with us, we can try planning a trip with CTA/RTA.  Do you have any neat trips you have planned with the family?

Just worried I missed something.

Thanks,
bcp