[il-talk] Chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 31 16:09:25 UTC 2012

To All Chicago Chapter Members,

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter will meet
on Saturday, November 10, 2012.  The time for the meeting is 1:00 P.M. and
the place is the Exchequer Pub, 226 South Wabash, Chicago.

Our program for this month should be quite exciting.  Debbie Stein, our
chapter secretary will give a history on the Pedestrian Safety Enhancement
act.  She will focus on how she saw the need for such legislation, how she
convinced the rest of us that such legislation was needed, and the process
of how the legislation was introduced and passed.  She will also focus on
how this legislation was resisted, and how this resistance was overcome.
Sometimes one person really can make a difference, and debbie can testify to
this fact.

We will learn about what is presently going on nationally, as well as
statewide.

Additionally, Chicago Chapter members can look forward to two exciting
fundraising opportunities.  The first is our Christmas auction, which will
take place following the December chapter meeting.  The second is our annual
games night, which will take place immediately following the business
meeting in January.

Finally, I wish to extend a happy thanksgiving to all Chicago Chapter
members.

If you have any questions regarding this meeting, please call David Meyer,
Chicago Chapter President at 7 0 8-2 0 9-1 7 6 7.