[il-talk] an ammends is in order

Robert A.Hansen roberthansen33 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 23:39:22 UTC 2012

To the NFB of Illinois Il Talk list serv subscribers,

Robert Hansen here.

I am writing today, after careful thought, to apologize to all of you.  I have posted insulting comments over the years to this list.  I admit I have a severe problem with alcohol.  I deal with my problem with alcohol one day at a time.  I attend meetings every day.  \\I let life get to me since I was conceived on this earth.  I remember when I was introduced to the NFB in 1986, I was uncertain what it was.  When that long white cane was placed in my hand, I became extremely arrogant.  Yes, an elitist.  I thought I had all the answers and was superior to everybody that was not in the NFB.  This went on for years and years.  I became extremely cocky.  I let everything go to my head.  This includes pretty much anything else I did in life.  I am apologizing for my behavior because it was wrong of me to do this stuff.  Because I value my sobriety, I will no longer participate in any political events that may cause me to have tthe committee in
 my head.  I am learning the A A way.  This is the only way for me.  This also means I need to live a more serene lifestyle.  I will do my best to stay on my side of the street.  I will not be attending any Dem or Repub or NFB or ACB events today or in the near future until I can become more spiritually fit.  I know what I need to do to stay sober.  Nobody can tell me how to do this.  I am coming up on 11 months of pure and awesome sobriety after over 20 years of alcoholism. .  I am lovin' it.

Sinceerely,

Robert A. Hansen

Have a nice day.