[il-talk] FW: news you can use

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 14 20:30:38 UTC 2012

  _____

From: Ruda, Sharon [mailto:SRuda at ILSOS.NET]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 8:07 AM
To: Bogdan, William; camille at horizons-blind.org; darlin at foxvalley.net;
Deliah Jackson; info at comp-unique.com; jimandterriforever at att.net; Mark
Jacobs (mark.jacobs74 at gmail.com); Patrick Olson; Ruda, Sharon;
sweetnightingale at sbcglobal.net; yankee43 at consolidated.net
Cc: David Meyer
Subject: news you can use

We have been notified of an issue with our Online Public Access Catalog
(OPAC).

If you reserve a book through the OPAC, and it is a book that is only
available as a direct download from the National Library Service for the
Blind and Physically Handicapped Braille and Audio Reading Download (BARD),
it is put on your request list.

Because it is a "download only" book, you will not get this book through the
mail from a Talking Book Library. Currently there is no way to stop this.
Our circulation system vender has assured us a new version of the OPAC will
have a change in place to stop this from happening.

If you order books through the talking book OPAC, we suggest you use the
stop any book that is "download only" from being added to your request list.

Please share this information with others who may use the OPAC to order
talking books.

Sharon Ruda

Associate Director
Illinois State Library
300 South Second Street
Springfield, Illinois 62701-1796
217-782-9435
1-800-665-5576 extension 5
Fax 217-558-4723
sruda at ilsos.net

http://www.ilbph.org

Office of the Secretary of State Jesse White

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and contain privileged or copyright information. You must not present this
message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you
are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this
email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to
notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

immediately, and delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of the Office of the Illinois
Secretary of State.