[il-talk] I want to get the lists opinion of theblindnessattitudes displayed in this article.

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Thu Apr 18 20:55:34 UTC 2013

The thing that is troubling about the article is the depiction of this
woman's blindness; I was particularly struck by the line that she couldn't
determine when it was an appropriate time for her to talk with her children
after school.  To the public, this suggests that her problems are intrinsic
to blindness itself, and have nothing to do with an adjustment period and
the process of learning new skills.  I'm glad that cornea transplants work
for some people, but the rest of us are fine, too.

Debbie