[il-talk] Fw: Chicago VisionWalk - Sunday, June 9, 2013

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Mon Apr 29 20:58:28 UTC 2013

I have been asked to distribute the following announcement:

______

My name is Michele and I am the Director of Events for the Foundation Fighting Blindness.  I wanted to let you know about our upcoming Chicago VisionWalk on Sunday, June 9, 2013 at Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village.

VisionWalk is the Foundation's national signature fundraising walk-a-thon program, which has raised more than $25 million to fund sight-saving research since its inception in the spring of 2006.  This year we will host 51 walks across the country.

The Walk is a family-friendly 5k walk-a-thon designed to raise awareness of the Foundation's mission and funds to benefit research to find preventions, treatments and cures for retinitis pigmentosa, macular degeneration, Usher Syndrome and the entire spectrum of retinal degenerative diseases which affect 10 million Americans.  The Chicagoland VisionWalk is expected to raise more than $325,000 for sight-saving research.

In Chicago, more than 1000 participants will join us for a festive morning filled with family fun activities and inspiration.  We will have a bounce house, face painting,  live band, and a bunch of other fun stuff for the kids.  And we will complete the day with a short walk around Busse Woods.  We hope you can support us, and also join us!

If you have any questions regarding the Foundation or VisionWalk, please feel free to contact me at the Midwest Office at 847-680-0100 or via email at Mdivincenzo at FightBlindness.org  You can learn more about the walk at www.VisionWalk.org and go to the Chicago web page.  I have also attached a flyer that you can circulate to other families to let them know about the walk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Michele

Michele DiVincenzo

Director, Events, Midwest Region

Office: (847) 680-0100

Fax: (847) 680-1050

A new mission-based logo for a mission unchanged.

      We've Moved! Our New Address is...

      977 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 140

      Vernon Hills, IL  60061