[il-talk] traffic light times

Gregory D. Rosenberg gregg at ricis.com
Thu Aug 8 20:43:29 UTC 2013

Good afternoon,

I am certain this is not a complete answer, but I hope it helps. I talked to Terry who works with me in the Tinley Park EMA and who monitors the red light cameras.

She found an article from 2010 that says Chicago's yield (hello) lights are three seconds vs four to five seconds in the Suburbs. See: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-03-22/classified/ct-met-yellow-light-20100322_1_red-light-cameras-camera-opponents-red-light-camera-intersections

As far as Terry or I know the green light and red light timings are usually controlled by sensors in the streets in most locations. I could not find and am unaware of any minimum or maximum timings that might be specifically regulated in Chicago.

On Aug 8, 2013, at 15:25 CDT, Ryan Parrey <rparrey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you. I'm not sure who that is, do you know how I might reach him?
>
> thanks again,
>

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:47 PM, <pattichang at att.net> wrote:
>
>> Kelly Pierce often has this kind of data. I suggest you contact him
>> specifically.
>>

>> Patti S. Gregory-Chang
>> NFBI President
>> NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Aug 8, 2013, at 2:42 PM, Ryan Parrey <rparrey at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know the average duration of stop and yield traffic light
>>> signals in Chicago? Sorry for such an incredibly particular question but
>>> thought if anyone knows it would be someone on this list.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ryan Parrey
>>> PhD Candidate-Disability Studies
>>> Graduate Assistant-Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Persons with
>>> Disabilities
>>> University of Illinois, Chicago
>>> Board Member, Disability Geography Specialty Group, AAG
>> il-talk:
>>>
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/il-talk_nfbnet.org/pattichang%40att.net
>>

> --
> Ryan Parrey
> PhD Candidate-Disability Studies
> Graduate Assistant-Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Persons with
> Disabilities
> University of Illinois, Chicago
> Board Member, Disability Geography Specialty Group, AAG

P.S. Students get free two day shipping and other benefits by signing up with "Amazon Student”. Click the following link to sign-up: http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info?ie=UTF8&refcust=Z5OZDF6CNEYBGPOXCVKEXRD5WQ&ref_type=generic

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund via your phone bill.

--
73' & 75'
Gregory D. Rosenberg AB9MZ
gregg at ricis.com

RICIS, Inc.
7849 Bristol Park Drive
Tinley Park, IL 60477-4594
http://www.ricis.com

708-267-6664 Cell
708-444-2690 Office
708-444-1115 Fax (Call First)
We are tired of SPAM faxes.

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from your computer.