[il-talk] Contact your senators

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 18 01:04:50 UTC 2013

Dear Federationists,

I have been attempting to arrange appointments with Senators Durbin and
Kirk.  Though I have phoned Senator Durbins office twice and followed up
each call with an email, I have only received one automatic reply.  Insofar
as Senator Kirks office is concerned, I phoned them twice and received a
call back from a staffer inviting me to set up an appointment with him.
Since his call, I have tried to reach him four times and have heard nothing.

It is extremely important that we meet with both senators in the Chicago
area to discuss upcoming legislation concerning the reauthorization of the
workforce investment act.  We would like for the Department of
Rehabilitation services to remain under the department of education, rather
than to be moved to the Department of Labor.  Additionally, we are asking
that language be removed which includes Section 511 of the Rehabilitation
Act.

As we already have an appointment team set up to see both senators, I am
asking that both offices make arrangements with David Meyer.  I can be
reached by phone at 708-606-7091 or via email at datemeyer at sbcglobal.net.

Please do not attempt to make appointments to see either senator yourself.
One appointment should be sufficient.  Nevertheless, we need to keep the
pressure on with phone calls, as neither office has been responsive.

Thank you all for your assistance in this matter.

Cordially,

David Meyer