[il-talk] IL BRAL Contest

Lmm3527 at aol.com Lmm3527 at aol.com
Thu Dec 5 16:33:22 UTC 2013

Hello to all,

I have been given permission to share the following message from a  mother
who has entered her son in the upcoming Braille reading  contest which
begins January 4, 2014.

"Thank you so much for organizing this event in Illinois.  The BRAL
contest was the single biggest motivator for my son to really work on his  Braille
skills.  There was always a big boost in his Braille skills and  fluency
during the course of the contest, and he and I were so disappointed to  have
it discontinued last year. . . There's something about  competing against
other children that so motivational for him.  We're  looking forward to getting
started."

Lois Montgomery