[il-talk] Professional Opinion Regarding My Actions

Kelly Pierce kellytalk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 00:05:56 UTC 2013

Nick,

I do too.  You waited a very reasonable time for the supervisor to act
before reaching out.  If the reader services are essential, the
resolution can't be pushed back six months.  In my experience I have
found it inappropriate when people wait to identify problems and then
expect immediate resolution when raised with a supervisor.  Another
issue is when the person finds a variety of issues to be essential and
continually goes around a supervisor.  Neither of these issues are
present here.  On the second point, sometimes we get duds as bosses.
There are formal ways of dealing with this. Yet, in the end we all
must get along to get the work done and being a diplomat takes more
work than being a fierce advocate.

However, job critical accommodations should not be ignored.  Long
term, job performance could suffer and the employee often is blamed.

Kelly