[il-talk] Fw: [Nfbmn-news] New Executive Director of BLIND Inc.

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 19:54:49 UTC 2013

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Jennifer Dunnam
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 12:50 PM
To: nfbmn-news at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbmn-news] New Executive Director of BLIND Inc.

Dear Minnesota Federationists:

I am pleased to be able to let you know that Dan Wenzel has accepted
the position of Executive Director of BLIND, Inc.  Dan is a long-time
Federationist who served for several years as the state president in
Wisconsin and also as a member of our NFB national board. He believes
deeply in the work of the Federation and in our training centers as an
expression of the Federation. In addition to a strong background in
Federation philosophy and action, he brings a great deal of leadership
experience to the position. He is currently working as manager of
youth services at Blind Industries and Services of Maryland.  Prior to
that, he directed the Wisconsin Center for the Blind, served as an
assistant director at the Colorado Center for the Blind, and held
various other leadership positions in his employment and in the
communities in which he lived.  He also worked for several years as a
cane travel instructor.

Dan will bring great enthusiasm and commitment to this work, and, of
course, I know we will all stand ready to welcome and help him. His
start date will be finalized soon.

Best,
Jennifer