[il-talk] Fw: [blindkid] Malaysian Exchange Student

pattischang at gmail.com pattischang at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 19:28:45 UTC 2013

I would try calling our national center at 410-659-9314.

Patti S. Gregory-Chang
NFBI President
NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
Sent from my iPhone

-----Original Message----- From: David Andrews
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:26 AM
To: david.andrews at nfbnet.org
Subject: [blindkid] Malaysian Exchange Student

> Hi David,
> I hope you can help me with some info about your NFB group and
> whether you might be able to help us to find a home for an exchange
> student, who is hoping to come to the USA on a Dept of State
> scholarship in Jan and stay through June. We have been searching
> unsuccessfully since Oct to find her a host family in a place where
> the school will accept her. This is made more difficult by the fact
> that she is blind. Although the school will be reimbursed for any
> extra cost the schools unfortunately are allowed to turn down
> students on J-1 visa's. I'm hoping that you might know of schools,
> anywhere in the country, that would welcome an international student
> that is blind and maybe a family that has a blind student of their
> own willing to enrich their lives by hosting her. We have tried and
> have run out of ideas for finding her a family and I found your
> website and thought maybe, just maybe, you could help us spread the
> word and find this girl a spot. Since schools will be closed for hte
> holidays very soon and she arrives in very early Jan. time is of the essence.
> Thanks for any help you might offer and I'm sorry I didn't try
> searching support for the blind sooner.
> I attached some info on her that you ca forward and I copied the
> staff of AFS who are also working on this. The website below has
> info about AFS Intercultural programs and what we do.
>
> Robbin Lang
> AFS Northern Illinois Team
> Volunteer Hosting Coordinator
> 630-879-3851 Home 630-346-4320 cell
> robbinlang at ameritech.net
> Meet More Students by entering your zip code: www.afsusa.org/host-family

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/dkent5817%40att.net
<Celine Bio.pdf>
<MIUSA Preliminary Report for Celine - Malaysia.docx>