[il-talk] Fwd: Seeking a Volunteer Coordinator for Local Exchange Student

Gregory Chang Patti pattichang at att.net
Fri Feb 1 01:34:34 UTC 2013

Please give to the National Federation of the Blind Annual Appeal by sending to NFBI, c/o Glenn Moore, Treasurer PO Box 1065 Elgin, IL 60121.

PS.  Find us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/nfbi and on facebook by searching on "National Federation of the Blind of Illinois."
Patti Gregory Chang Esq.
President, NFBI
pattichang at att.net

Begin forwarded message:

From: Grace Winkler <gwinkler at americancouncils.org>
Subject: Seeking a Volunteer Coordinator for Local Exchange Student
Date: January 31, 2013 4:06:34 PM CST
To: "webmaster at nfbofillinois.org" <webmaster at nfbofillinois.org>, "president at nfbofillinois.org" <president at nfbofillinois.org>

Dear National Federation of the Blind of Illinois,

I am reaching out to you today to see if any of your members might be interested in the opportunity to work with a blind high school exchange student from Montenegro, currently living in IL. Our organization, American Councils for International Education, is currently seeking someone in the community to serve as the student’s “local coordinator”. As an organization specializing in assisting the blind, I thought this might be of interest to you or that you may want to share the opportunity with others.

The local coordinator role is a volunteer one with a modest honorarium - the coordinator is responsible for supervising the student, checking in with them and their host family monthly and looking after the student’s overall safety and well-being while they are on their exchange program. There’s also the opportunity to plan enhancement events for the students and to get involved locally with volunteering and leadership events. I’ve attached a flyer that has more information about what being a local coordinator for an exchange student entails.

The student is on the U.S. Department of State funded exchange program A-SMYLE and is from Montenegro - he is a talented musician and an enthusiastic learner. There is the possibility of working with more students for the upcoming 2013-2014 academic year as well!

Please feel free to get in touch with my colleague Katie French at kfrench at americancouncils.org if you are interested in becoming a local coordinator.

Thank you and best regards,

Grace Winkler
Intern • Secondary School Programs • American Councils for International Education
1828 L Street, NW, Suite 1200|Washington, DC 20036
(: 866.790.2086|(: 202.833.7522|7: 202.833.7523
*: gwinkler at americancouncils.org |www.americancouncils.org|

For more information on hosting a U.S. State Department Scholarship student:  http://inbound.americancouncils.org