[il-talk] microsoft word protected view

Bill Reif billreif at ameritech.net
Sat Jan 5 01:19:54 UTC 2013

Hi Bob,

I believe Rob is successfully opening the attachment in question.
Otherwise, he would not know it is in protected view. Protected View is
something Microsoft designed to keep documents containing viruses from
messing with your computer. To get out of this view, one can press the
f6 key, at which time one will hear a description of what protected view
is. From there, tab to the "enable protected view" button and press the
space bar. Doing whatever you do in JAWS to read the title should verify
that you are now out of protected view.

The above comes from the GW Micro tutorial series, and can be accessed
at
http://www.gwmicro.com/Training/Tutorials/Video/How%20to%20Enable%20Editing.mp4.

Cordially,
Bill