[il-talk] Hello

Kelly Pierce kellytalk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 15:59:04 UTC 2013

Paul,

Welcome to Chicago.  Hines is not actually a city or village.  It is
in unincorporated Cook County.  The federal government has a post
office there, so this part of the world has a zip code and the feds
call it Hines as do the federal workers who work there at the postal
station and hospital.  Pace is the transit bus provider for the
suburbs. Ideally, you would likely want to live near a pace bus route
that goes to the VA hospital with no transfers.  Forest park and Oak
Park are western suburbs that are part of the Chicago rapid transit
system and are close to Hines.  Forest park is more affordable than
Oak Park and is more second amendment friendly than Oak Park, if that
matters to you.

Kelly